Friday, June 28, 2013

Staycation = Knitcation

My staycation starts today! My daughter is celebrating her 6th birthday today and we are having a girl outing with a couple of friends. Manicures, pedicures, pizza lunch and a visit to the bakery are all in store for us today. Next week I have Monday-Wednesday of just me being at home while Dave works and the kids go to daycare and camp. I'm so excited! I have lots of things to accomplish around the house but I'm also hoping for lots of lounging around at home and the pool with my knitting. The forecast doesn't look too good but I'm going to stay positive!

I'm so happy with my socks! I finally tried the stretchy bind-off and it worked so well I'm considering using it for everything I knit! :) I learned by watching this video by Cat Bordhi.


My Repetitive Element is also coming along nicely. There's a little boo boo here and there but I'm probably the only one who would notice. I love the color and can't wait to finish and wear it this fall.




And I started Dave's hat. I forgot how quickly those knit up! I have to add more hats to my repertoire for some instant gratification knitting! LOL!


Hope everyone has a great weekend. I hope to post more next week while I'm staycationing!



No comments:

Post a Comment