Tuesday, May 14, 2013

What to do?

I need your advice... Really. I do... I have run into a little problem...

Here's the deal... I am beyond excited because tonight I am going to finish my Flyaway Cardigan. That's right. It has only taken me 4 months and change to knit it. One of the valuable lessons I learned from knitting it is to read other knitter's notes on their project pages on Ravelry. It's good to know what issues come up, how people dealt with them, etc.

Anyway, there's this cardigan that I fell in love with, bought the pattern and yarn for... It's called Repetitive Element. I have been dreaming of it for months... I've pictured myself wearing it and imagined the compliments I would get... I was going to feel sexy, confident, and beautiful in it...

So today, in my excitement I decided to take a peek at what other knitters said about it. Some had no issues at all... A few frogged their projects and abandoned them completely... Others showed a lot of frustration.Uh-oh. Red flags! So I printed the pattern and started to read it...

Say What??????

I can't get past the setup row. Actually, I only really understand the first half of the setup row. There are charts to help but I don't understand them at all. This pattern is 6 pages long. I have never worked on anything like this before... I really hate to be a quitter but now I'm a little scared to knit this. But it's so incredibly beautiful.... And I want it so bad....

What should I do?

I could always knit this one instead: Harvest Moon...


1 comment:

  1. You're better than me. I would have said forget it :D Challenges usually (usually) end up being rewarding, though.

    ReplyDelete