Monday, October 8, 2012

Day Off...

I have been really looking forward to today. It's Columbus day in my neck of the woods and I happen to work for a company that gives the day off. The kids are in school and daycare and my husband is at work. I wanted to declare today as my Day of Knitting, but things didn't quite start out the way I planned...
Since everyone was so crazy yesterday I didn't really get a chance to clean and tidy up around the house, so I had to spend this morning doing that. It does go a lot faster with no one else here, but still... I was grumpy. This was supposed to be my fun knitting day! And how does the house get this dirty and messy anyway? Arrgh!!!!! But now that it's over, I'm happy I did it and am ready to start my Afternoon of Knitting.
My main project is to seam a cardigan that I knit for my daughter. I finished knitting it months ago, but have been putting off the seaming... Actually, I've been sort of dreading it... I don't know why, I just do... I have tons of unfinished projects laying around the house... I actually frogged some of them recently because I was knitting them for the kids and, well... they got bigger and the garments would no longer fit them...
Anyway, here is a picture of S's cardigan. I loved knitting this. It's done in one piece and I'm really happy with the way it turned out. I also have the perfect button for it. Hopefully I'll manage to sew that as well!




No comments:

Post a Comment